Maricopa County Workforce Development Board
The Maricopa Workforce Development Board (MCWDB) shall be established to assist the Board of Supervisors (BOS) as the Chief Local Elected Officials in strategic planning, oversight, and evaluation of the local workforce development area, and shall promote effective outcomes consistent with statewide goals, objectives, and negotiated local performance.
The BOS shall establish the MCWDB to represent a wide variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations throughout the local area. The MCWDB serves as a strategic convener to promote and broker effective relationships between the County and economic, education, and workforce partners. The MCWDB shall maintain strategic and strong relationships with business organizations, chambers of commerce, labor and trade associations, education providers, and others as needed or required.
We are a best-in-class workforce system that connects jobseekers to career opportunities and employers to skilled talent, stimulating economic prosperity and enhancing quality of life for all.
What is a Workforce Development Board?
The values which govern the work of the Maricopa County Workforce Development Board are summarized in five statements:
- We always to seek to maximize the impact of our work on the individuals we serve.
- We create impact through partnerships.
- The principles of honesty, dignity and respect govern our interactions with each other.
- We protect the integrity of this body via compliance with governing policies.
- Every activity is carried out with a commitment to excellence.
- Optimize the culture of collaboration among the core partners and providers.
- Expand the role of the Maricopa County Workforce Development Board in regional economic development efforts.
- Expand the role of the Maricopa County Workforce Development Board in the local education ecosystem.
- Strengthen regional collaboration among the Maricopa County Workforce Development Board and other local workforce areas.
- Increase participation of individual job seekers and businesses served across all Maricopa County Workforce Development Board title partner programs.
- Maximize the scope of services available to individuals served by our title partner programs.
- Position the Maricopa County Workforce Development Board as a forward-thinking strategic leader.
- Create system-wide standards derived from implemented best practices that improve the scope and quality of services from partners and providers.
WIOA Operating Guidance
The MCWDB receives its authority in accordance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), signed into law on July 22, 2014, and comprises leaders representing the area’s geographic and business demographics in both private business and in the public sector.