Like a handshake, a resume is an opportunity to introduce yourself to a future employer. Whether it’s your first job, a career change or you’re re-entering the workforce, here are some resources to ensure your resume makes a great impression.
5 Tips for Creating an Effective Resume
- Keep it to one page
- Avoid fonts and characters that are difficult to read
- Proofread it and have someone else proof it to ensure no spelling errors are missed
- Highlight your skills
- Use keywords instead of long sentences
Learn additional workforce tips through our ARIZONA@WORK Career Series.
Veterans: Putting Skills To Work
Active and retired service members often possess valuable experience and leadership skills that employers seek. However, translating those skills to the civilian workforce is not always easy. Let ARIZONA@WORK help you match your military experience to great civilian jobs that match your unique abilities.
- December18North Idaho Road 1177, 85119 Apache Junction US, United StatesDec 11 2023 | 10am - 12pm
- December18North Idaho Road 564, 85119 Apache Junction US, United StatesDec 11 2023 | 12 - 2pm
- December21West Central Avenue 160, 85128 Coolidge US, United StatesDec 7 2023 | 10am - 12pm