Workforce Training Services
From job search assistance and resume writing to computer skills and financial empowerment, we can help you learn and enhance new skills through a training workshop.
Training services include:
- Job Search Assistance: Attend this interactive workshop to gain confidence and guidance for a successful job search. You will learn what to prepare when submitting a job application and will leave with resources and your job leads.
- Resume Writing: Do you need help writing your resume? Come to this class to learn how to format and write a basic resume or cover letter. Get your resume accepted by computer tracking systems and land yourself an interview! Stay after this workshop for our Resume Lab to write and walk away with a resume.
- Job Interview Practice: If you would like to learn how to improve your interview skills and practice for a job interview, our staff can assist you with a one-on-one mock interview to prepare you for an upcoming in-person or virtual job interview. We are happy to help!
- Basic Computer Skills: Would you like to increase your ability to perform basic tasks on a computer? In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to search the internet, write, and save a Word document. Create an email account, send an email, plus learn how to attach a Word document to your email. This is an interactive workshop where you will learn, apply, and practice these basic computer skills.
- Financial Empowerment: This workshop is for those looking for tips and resources on how to manage their money. It covers topics such as planning your finances, budgeting, saving, credit, and debt. Attend this workshop if you would like resources to be more financially empowered.
- Office Skills Assessments: If you need to take a typing test, or another office skills assessment, either to use in your resume or provide to an employer, come to one of our Office Proficiency Assessment and Certification (OPAC) sessions.
• Typing Test (speed and accuracy), 10-key and Data Entry
• Microsoft Office Applications including Windows 10, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Customer Service, Clerical, Financial, and Professional Assessments are also offered
These tests are available by appointment only. Call, stop into either one of our career centers, or email [email protected] to register for any of these no-cost training workshops. View the monthly training workshop calendar.
View the Workforce Training Services Flyer.
West Valley Career Center:
4425 W. Olive Avenue, Suites 190 & 200, Glendale, AZ 85302
East Valley Career Center:
1001 West Southern Ave., Suite 101, Mesa, AZ 85210